Message from Joanne Conroy
In this issue of our quarterly D-HH Connections newsletter, you can read about what you and your colleagues are doing to move our system strategy forward and to uphold our system promise: Together, we bring the full power of our collective expertise to provide the best possible care to our patients, our people and our communities.
I hope you can take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to read some of these wonderful stories, which include:
- The Circle of Gratitude, a new philanthropic program at New London to help loved ones express their gratitude and emotional connection aftercare.
- A $2 million gift to establish an operating endowment for the Jack Byrne Center for Palliative & Hospice Care helps to ensure that its special programs and services remain available to patients, families and the community.
- For 20 years Cheshire Doulas have been providing parents with the best birthing experience possible.
- D-H is looking at how we can use our business operations to improve community conditions for people affected by poverty, discrimination and other social barriers to well-being.
- A collaboration between Cheshire and D-H leads to the launch of Cheshire’s first retail pharmacy.
- A combined D-H and APD steering committee works to provide access to inpatient beds and operating rooms.
- D-H’s Throughput Access for Patients Project (TAPP) aims to increase the availability of needed hospital beds and services at DHMC.
- Plus, read about news and employee recognition announcements from all of our member organizations.
As always, we welcome your feedback. If you have story ideas, questions or suggestions, please send them to Connections@hitchcock.org.