Message from Aimee Giglio
On March 16, I sent the first of many emails addressing issues facing employees in the context of COVID-19. Even in the few weeks since I shared that communication, so much has changed. One thing has not changed. Across our system, many people are working diligently to address the evolving situation. Another thing that has not changed is our sense of teamwork and working together as a community. Every day I see examples of D-HH staff caring for each other and showing kindness and appreciation toward one another.
During this stressful time, however, it is equally important to practice self-care. This issue of D-HH Connections includes wonderful suggestions and strategies for balancing the demands of work and family, including practicing wellness while working remotely and managing stress and anxiety. I hope you find this a helpful resource. I also encourage you to take advantage of the individual counseling and health coaching resources available at your workplace. Please reach out to your Human Resources Department for information on how to access these services.
I hope you can take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to read some of these stories, which include:
- Balancing Family Life: Working and Studying Under One Roof
- Managing Stress and Anxiety in the Face of COVID-19: Anxiety and Mental Health Tips
- Two Simple At-home Workouts (No Equipment Required)
- Making the Most of Your Food
- Tips for Working Remotely
- Ergonomic Basics for a Comfortable Home Work Space
- Managing Uncertainty as a Health Care Worker
Thank you and stay well!
Chief Human Resources Officer